Student Calling Program
The Student Calling Program (SCP) employs between 30 and 40 students throughout the academic year.
Acting as representatives of the University, student callers contact alumni across the country to:
- Inform them of a variety of fundraising campaigns and seek out donations for the advancement of the University of Alberta and its faculties’ priorities;
- Thank our donors for their generous support of the University of Alberta;
- Update alumni records for address changes, employment status, and other required information;
- Ensure all alumni are receiving their respective newsletters and magazines, and;
- Forward information concerning University of Alberta and Faculty initiatives and events.
In this job, student callers become familiar with a variety of campus events and University initiatives, and have the opportunity to engage with the alumni community across Canada.
Work With Us
We are always looking for enthusiastic, energetic and motivated callers. We offer flexible hours, an opportunity to work on campus, regular pay raises and a fun, goal-oriented incentive program to keep our team driven and focused.
The SCP is located downtown at Enterprise Square (the old Bay building), which is easily accessible from the University by LRT, with the Bay LRT station in the basement of the building.
Wages: $11.50/hour along with the opportunity to earn bonuses and tuition assistance each semester.
Shifts: Mondays through Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
We ask all student callers to commit to a minimum of 3 shifts per week.
Interested student applicants are invited to email their resume to the Program Centre Manager, at email@example.com.